Saturday, April 27, 2013

Is it better to use a digital camera or a video camera for shooting videos that I want to upload to YouTube?

Question by Strawberry Fields: Is it better to use a digital camera or a video camera for shooting videos that I want to upload to YouTube?
My digital camera can record short videos but I am wondering if I would be better off getting a regular video camera for this purpose?


Best answer:

Answer by Mark N
It is definitely better to get a regular video camera for creating videos. The video mode on digital cameras records the wost quality video. I am a film maker and there is nothing worse than video recorded on a digital camera. If you are looking for ease in uploading video, I would recommend purchasing a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) video camera. These cameras have a built in hard drive and record on to the drive instead of tapes like some cameras. You can purchase these cameras with very large drives which will allow you to record a lot of video. I have included some links to a particular camera that I think you may like. A word of advice, if you choose to purchase a camera, don't purchase it from a regular retail store like Best Buy, Circut City, etc. They are all way over priced and their associates can't tell you everything about the camera. Purchase from a site called B&H Photo. They are much cheaper. Each product is brand new and comes with full warranty. The two links that I have included compare the price for the same camera at B&H Photo and Best Buy. I purchase all of my video equipment from B&H Photo and have been very happy with the service I have received. If you ever have any questions about video, feel free to contact me directly at, noble_mark25@yahoo.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that you have. I also do still photography.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment