Monday, July 15, 2013

Why do I need to format a new memory card for a digital camera before using it?

Question by tiggirl19: Why do I need to format a new memory card for a digital camera before using it?
We've have just bought a new digital camera and immediately started taking pictures, then read that the memory card should be formatted before using. What now?


Best answer:

Answer by Terisu
I've done the same thing, and usually it's no problem. Every now and then, the pictures will mysteriously disappear though. Buy an inexpensive card reader and see what's on the card. If you have images there, just transfer them over to your hard drive. Formatting is an easy way to erase old pictures that you've already transferred, but I've gotten by many times by just deleting the pictures using my computer.



Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment