Thursday, July 4, 2013

What is the best type of photography camera?

Question by music x love: What is the best type of photography camera?
I really like taking photos. I'm also actually good at it. I only have a digital camera but I want to get an actual photography camera. I don't know which type to get. Olympus? Canon? Please help me and give me a link to a site where you can buy the camera (sensible price please). Thank you!


Best answer:

Answer by 4x5"
"Film" not "Photography" camera.

The best type is Large Format view cameras.

Roll film is popular too. Any major brand SLR camera will do fine. I like Nikon SLRs because you have access to a legacy of lenses that goes back decades.

Nikon N90s, Nikon FG, and Nikon F3HP are good choices.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. 4x5" is absolutely right.

    You can find good used 35 mm SLR's on craigslist in a city near you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to buy a film camera, buy a single lens reflex. Almost any camera store will have plenty of cheap second-hand film cameras as digital has largely replaced film. Buy a reputable brand such as Nikon, Canon, Pentax. Ask to try the camera first before you buy, and make sure you get the instruction book. You could also consider a digital SLR camera but these will be more expensive. Good digital SLRs give sufficient quality for all general purposes.

    ReplyDelete