Saturday, June 15, 2013

How to connect my imac with my smartphone or video camera?

Question by Vasileios: How to connect my imac with my smartphone or video camera?
I want to connect my iMac with my smartphone (ZTE racer) or with my camera. The reason is, to take video with my camera or with my smartphone and seeing full screen to my computer.
Is there any program or way to do that? Even with wire! Help me with instructions.
Thank you very much!


Best answer:

Answer by Mmm J
You want to do "video streaming" from the video capture device to the computer. At the moment, the ZTE Racer does not do this. We don't know which camera you are using.

I use miniDV tape based camcorders (Sony HDR-HC1 and HDR-FX1). The can both connect to my computers (Apple Macintosh iMac) and connect the camcorders' DV port to the computers' firewire port with a firewire cable which supports streaming.

Generally, USB's bursty nature is not able to deal with the streaming requirements that firewire can support...



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment