Saturday, June 8, 2013

What is a good camera for an amateur photographer?

Question by : What is a good camera for an amateur photographer?
Every year for Christmas I ask for a camera. Every year, I've gotten an old hand-me-down digital camera. I've always hated the way the pictures look.

I am completely clueless on what kind of camera to buy. I know I want something that will take a higher quality photo, I've been looking into the Canon 400D SLR.

I'm looking for something in the 400-500 dollar range.

Can someone please suggest a good semi-professional camera for someone who is tired of cheap recycled digital cameras? :)

Thank you!


Best answer:

Answer by L!@M
Try the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi or the Nikon D3100. Great entry-level DSLRs. You should start off with a tripod and a good wide-angle or zoom lens.



What do you think? Answer below!

2 comments:

  1. DigitalPhotographyJune 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM

    Hey,

    In that range, I recommend Canon EOS XS/1000D, Canon EOS XSi/450D and Nikon D3000. All have same excellent image quality and perform pretty much the same.

    Here's a post called 'Buying a DSLR, what's important, megapixels, features, brand and which one to buy - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/03/which-dslr-to-buy.html

    Good luck! The site has many more tutorials, tips, reviews and guides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should go with Canon EOS Rebel T1i 15.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera
    * New 15.1-megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor
    * Full HD video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution; HDMI output
    * 3.0-inch Clear View LCD; Live View Function for stills and video
    * Capture images and video to SD/SDHC memory cards

    ReplyDelete